Give Back to LRW
Want to be involved with LRW at Oregon Law? Here are a few ways you can give back to our program.
- Volunteer to judge oral arguments. Each spring, LRW students argue in front of appellate panels made up of volunteers from the legal community. If you would like to serve as a judge for oral arguments, please contact the LRW Program Assistant .
- Offer ideas for assignments. LRW students complete many research and writing assignments throughout the year. We can create “real-world” assignments if you let us know what new law clerks in your office are researching and writing. Contact LRW faculty to share ideas.
- Serve on a panel or be a lecturer. First-year students especially love hearing from practicing attorneys. In some years, the program has a Practitioner Panel in which attorneys talk about the different types of writing they do in practice. Sometimes, we have attorneys or judges talk about topics ranging from advocacy to professionalism. If you’d like to speak, please contact the LRW Program Assistant .
- Share your success. We often hear stories about how the LRW Program has prepared Oregon alums for practice and set them up for success. If you have a story about how LRW has had a positive impact on your career, we’d love to share it! Contact the LRW Program Assistant for further information.
- Like us on Facebook! On our Facebook page, we frequently post information about upcoming events, important faculty and alumni achievements, and opportunities for you to give back to LRW.