We are excited to announce the launch of our Resident Associate Program (RAP) for graduates of the class of 2020.
What is the Resident Associate Program?
Styled as a one-year apprenticeship program, the RAP offers valuable employment opportunities for new law school graduates with small and mid-sized firms in Oregon that do not typically hire entry-level attorneys. These employers, who often do not have the resources and bandwidth to facilitate entry-level attorney recruiting, are incentivized to hire a new associate for a limited term.
While we anticipate many employers will hire with an eye toward longer-term employment, should the relationship not continue beyond the one-year commitment, the Resident Associate will have gained valuable skills that can be marketed as part of a lateral job search.
Key Features of the RAP for new graduates:
- Creation of new entry-level jobs.
- Valuable skill-building experience and exposure to a variety of practice areas.
- Career Center assistance with application materials and interview preparation.
- Career Center facilitation of the recruitment process.
- Practical skills training through CLE programming.
- Entry-level salary with benefits.
In addition to the small and mid-sized firm employers, we anticipate this new program will offer an attractive alternative to employers who are otherwise hesitant to bring on new talent during a global pandemic.
Interested in the RAP?
Please send us a message by clicking the button below. Indicating interest in the program does not require a commitment to participate. The one-year program commitment commences upon acceptance of an offer of employment through the RAP program.