Business law is an essential component of the legal field that deals with the rights, relations, and conduct of businesses and individuals engaged in commerce and trade. Here are just a few of the reasons you might consider a career in business law:
- Protecting businesses: As a business law practitioner, you'll be helping businesses operate in a fair and equitable manner. You'll ensure that businesses are treated fairly and that their interests are protected.
- Facilitating business transactions: Business law provides the rules and regulations that govern business transactions such as contracts, sales, and leases. As a business law professional, you'll help ensure that these transactions are conducted in a lawful and ethical manner.
- Resolving disputes: Business law provides the legal framework for resolving disputes between businesses and individuals. You'll be able to help settle disputes over contracts, employment, and intellectual property.
- Ensuring compliance: Business law sets out the rules and regulations that businesses must follow to operate legally. You'll help ensure that businesses comply with regulations related to taxation, employment, health and safety, and environmental protection.
- Fostering innovation: Business law plays a crucial role in fostering innovation by protecting intellectual property and encouraging entrepreneurship. As a business law professional, you'll be able to help entrepreneurs and innovators protect their ideas and bring them to market.
As a Business Law student at Oregon Law, you will gain the skills and practical experience needed to add immediate value to an employer or to become an entrepreneur.
Potential careers in business law include:
- Bankruptcy attorney
- Commercial litigator
- Corporate counsel
- Health Care attorney
- Intellectual property attorney
- Mergers and Acquisitions attorney
- Real Estate attorney
- Securities law attorney
- Tax attorney