Community Legal Services for Survivors

The University of Oregon’s Domestic Violence Clinic

Community Legal Services for Survivors

The Domestic Violence Clinic is a partnership between the University of Oregon School of Law and local advocacy organizations (Womenspace, for survivors of domestic violence, Sexual Assault Support Services (SASS), for survivors of sexual assault, and Victim Services of Lane County).

The Domestic Violence Clinic provides legal services to low-income survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking while educating University of Oregon law students in the skills required for client representation in a litigation-based practice. The Clinic provides services ranging from restraining and stalking protective orders to keep survivors safe, as well as, family law, employment, and housing issues.

The Clinic accepts clients by referral only. To make an appointment with a licensed attorney at the Clinic, please contact one of the above local advocacy organizations. If you already have an appointment or have general Clinic questions, the Clinic staff can be reached at (541) 346-8555.

If you are student of a higher education institution in Lane County seeking legal assistance or advice please contact Student Survivor Legal Services.

To read more about the educational opportunities the Domestic Violence Clinic provides for UO law students, please click here:  Link.

If you are a student and would like to learn more about Clinic opportunities, please login to MyLaw and follow the link “Clinics and Externships.”

                                                                      Civil Rights Statement
University of Oregon, Domestic Violence Clinic operates its program, services and activities in compliance with federal nondiscrimination laws. No person shall, on the basis of race, color, national origin (including limited English proficiency), disability, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any of our programs.
 To file a complaint of discrimination, write Office for Civil Rights, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice (OCR), 810 7th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20531 or call 202-307-0690 (Voice) or 202-307-2027 (TDD/TTY). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may also contact OCR through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339 (TTY), 877-877-8982 (Speech) or 800-845-6136 (Spanish). To file a complaint of discrimination with this organization, write University of Oregon, Office of Investigations and Civil Rights Compliance, 5221 University of Oregon, 677 E. 12th Ave., Suite 452, Eugene, Oregon 97403 or call (541) 346-3123, To file a complaint of discrimination with Oregon Department of Justice, Crime Victim and Survivor Services Division, write Oregon Department of Justice, Crime Victim and Survivor Services Division, Attn: Shannon Sivell, Complaint Coordinator, 1162 Court Street NE, Salem, OR 97301 or call 503-378-5348. You may also email to


If you think that someone is monitoring the device that you have used to access this website, please delete your browser history after exiting this page.