Back to Externships Home
- Ensure you are eligible.
- Find out if the placement has been approved already.
- If not, ask the field supervisor to complete an application.
- Apply for the externship with the placement office.
- Once you accept a placement, write to others you might have applied to and politely withdraw.
- Find a faculty supervisor.
- If you are in an umbrella externship, then MyLaw registration will autofill the supervisor.
- Initiate registration on MyLaw
To learn whether a specific organization or office has been preapproved, click here. To propose a new placement, click here.