Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fee schedules are subject to revision each year. Tuition figures for 2019-2020 can be found here: Tuition and Fees. Costs for 2019 - 2020 can be found here: Estimated Costs.
Students who are enrolled in the LL.M. program and who are taking courses for academic credit are eligible to use the services offered by the University of Oregon, including the library system, the University Health Center and the Student Recreation Center. LL.M. students have access to the law school student lounge, individual lockers, the John E. Jaqua Law Library, and computer technical support. The payment of mandatory fees allows Oregon LL.M. students to access these services.
Academic Year Program Cost Estimate for 2019 – 2020:
- Tuition and Fees (based on full-time enrollment for two academic-year semesters): $46,526.00
- Matriculation Fee (required, one-time): $430
- Law School Events Fee (required, one-time): $150
- Books and Supplies (depending on course-specific requirements)*: $1,146
- Living Expenses (housing, utilities, rent)*: $11,850
- Personal Expenses (cost varies depending on personal spending needs)*: $2,034
- Transportation (in-state resident / non-resident): $366 / $1,290
- **Computer: $1,650
- International Student Health Insurance 2019 - 2020 (required, unless eligible for a waiver): $2,562
* The figures provided above for books, supplies, personal and living expenses are provided as a guideline. Costs may vary depending on a student’s needs and whether the student is living in on-campus or off-campus housing. The cost of attendance does not include course fees.
To learn more about the matriculation fee, please review the answers to frequently asked questions.
**Laptop Computers: LL.M. students may bring their own laptop or purchase a laptop or laptop package. For information about laptop packages and system/software compatibility, please contact Information Technology.
International Students SEVIS Fee
International students who are applying for F-1 or J-1 visas must also pay a SEVIS fee. Click here for information about the SEVIS fee and SEVIS program.
International Law Student Health Insurance (Required)
- Health Insurance Cost 2019-2020 – International students in the LL.M. program, will be enrolled in and billed for the University of Oregon international student health insurance plan (mandatory). Click here to read more about 2019 – 2020 international student health insurance plan and for current information
- International students who already have health insurance may waive enrollment in the University of Oregon health insurance plan only if the insurance meets University of Oregon insurance requirements. Read more.
- Contact the University Health Center for additional information and to inquire about health insurance waivers.
- International student health insurance is $2,562 for the 2019-2020 academic year. Charges are billed to student accounts in two installments (once per semester).
- The University of Oregon health insurance plan coverage for the 2019 - 2020 academic year will begin on August 10, 2019. Students should ensure that their non-University health insurance coverage continues in effect at least until the University of Oregon health insurance plan coverage begins. Information about the insurance coverage period is available here.
Domestic Law Students - Health Insurance
- Health Insurance Cost Estimate 2019-2020 – Domestic law students in the LL.M. program may be eligible for law student health insurance through the University of Oregon health insurance plan (optional). Click here to read about the student health insurance plan.
- The cost of the health insurance plan for the 2019-2020 academic year is $2,562. Charges are billed to student accounts in two installments (once per semester). Please visit the University of Oregon Health Center website for current information.
- Contact the University Health Center for additional information.
- If you enroll in the University of Oregon health insurance plan for the 2019 - 2020 academic year, coverage will begin on August 10, 2019.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
International Students - Financial Aid and Scholarships
U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents, and Eligible Noncitizens - Financial Aid and Scholarship
For information on student parking permits, click here.
Payments on Student Accounts and Electronic Billing
Billing and payment services are delivered electronically through QuikPAY®. Read more.
Click here for information about making a payment on a student account.
Click here for information about student account payment due dates.
Click here to pay the seat deposit.
If you completely withdraw from Oregon Law or reduce your course load below nine credits, you may be entitled to a tuition refund. Refunds are based on assessed tuition and class fees and are calculated from the date you officially drop a class or reduce credits, not the date of your last class attendance. Read more.
No part of the admissions $500 seat deposit is refundable.