Orientation is designed to develop our students' sense of "home" with the law school community and Eugene. We enjoy a high quality of life both within and without the William W. Knight Law Center and want our incoming students to quickly develop that same feeling of inclusion. We believe that our students learn better when they can focus on the tasks presented. Orientation helps resolve many of the issues that arise with the move to Eugene and the beginning of a rigorous course of study.
* Briefing Cases - Professor Rowe
* How to Read a Legal Opinion
* Writing and Analysis in the Law
* Schoeller v. Kulawiak
* No Eating Outside the Kitchen - Professors Tippett & Girvan
* Interpreting a Statute
* The Food Stays in the Kitchen
* Student Parking Passes: Parking passes for academic year 2017-2018 will be available beginning August 12 from the University Department of Parking and Transportation, 1401 Walnut Street. Please bring a photo ID with you, and advise staff that you are a law student. Day passes are $372/year. Passes for Graduate Village residents are $1,044 for 12 months, and $870 for 10 months. Graduate Village parking passes will allow you to park overnight. Parking passes are required M-F between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm in all campus lots.